Wednesday, August 22, 2012

CSA Week 12

Matt and I are off to Japan tomorrow (!!!!!!!!) so I had to cook/preserve/otherwise use everything in this week's share right away. A little planning and a couple of hours in the kitchen made that plan a not-so-painful reality.

   

Vegetables: sorrel, 1 lb orange and yellow peppers, romaine lettuce, 2 lbs zucchini, 1 large cucumber, 1 pint grape tomatoes, 1 eggplant (about 1 lb)
Fruit: 1 pint raspberries, 2 lbs nectarines
Flowers: zinnias

Here's what I did with all of it:
  • Baingan bhartha (a north Indian roasted eggplant dish - I used this week's eggplant, last week's plum tomatoes, spring onions from a few weeks ago, and green chile peppers from my mom's garden) - this went into the freezer for when we come back and I'll be too lazy to cook.
  • Lettuce, sorrel, and apple juice - it was actually good and not sour from the sorrel as I had anticipated it to be.
  • Roasted peppers
  • Roasted zucchini (1 lb) - for pasta or grain dishes
  • Shredded zucchini - for zucchini bread in the fall
  • The grape tomatoes and cucumber were added to a salad for lunch today (and I may or may not have given a few tomatoes to Oscar as treats)
  • The nectarines and raspberries were eaten as is; any remaining nectarines will get sliced and frozen.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...